Aloha!

Maui was perfect. The girls were champs on the plane (no one puked) and I did not forget to pack underwear. The only dicey moment was when we were descending into Sacramento and they had already taken the digital players, requested we turned off electronics and buckle in. Allie decided that was way too much to ask of a toddler who had done so well sitting in one spot for 4 hrs. So we tried to distract her with looking out the window and lots of Oreos. Boom. Done. 

Allie loves the beach. Girl could play in the water all day. Baby powder really does work to get sand off of skin but I'm still washing it out of her swimsuits. 

Maui is beautiful. Brian's family lives half a mile from the beach and we went every day. We even saw 3 huge sea turtles close enough to touch. Crazy. 

We also went to the aquarium which is basically as close to snorkeling as we got on this trip. Allie got to see a scuba diver feeding a manta ray. It was so thrilling she immediately zonked out in her stroller minutes later. 

It was so great to see Brian's family. We even had a chance to sneak away for dinner on our anniversary. 

Most of the pictures I already posted on Instagram. Soooo.... If you aren't already following me, do it NOW. Sorry to be so bossy. 

Driving back from Big Beach we saw a grown man on a moped pick his nose AND EAT IT. EAT IT. I still haven't recovered. 

I got a head cold Sunday night which was awesome for the flight on Monday. Crazy sinus pressure? Let's add some altitude pressure and see if it helps. It's ok though, I made it all better by beginning potty training the next day. 

I think I'm just a special kind of crazy. 

But here we are 2 days in and I have had multiple successful pees and even a poop in the toilet with no meltdowns from anyone. Sorry to get so graphic on you but having a baby sorta desensitizes you to gross bodily functions. And you better believe I'm so stoked about it that I'll tell anyone who will listen including you, my faithful readers. 

Now that I've caught you up on life, I think I'll go ignore the dishes and relax on the sofa with a gallon of ice cream. We don't mess around here. 

Popular Posts