A Christmas Recap and a New Year Party Pooper

I thought I'd try to squeeze in one last blog post before the year end. Plus Maddie woke me up at 5 am and I couldn't fall back asleep and it's now 8:15, and both girls are still asleep so I'm trying to do all the quiet things I can.

My parents visited the week before Christmas. It's always so nice to have them around. There's always a willing set of arms to hold a baby and my mom literally jumps at the chance to change diapers, put them down for naps, whatever.



We shopped. A LOT. I think my mom went a little "I love my grandkids and want to spoil them like crazy!" crazy. And I was her unwilling accomplice. My little sister joined us the last weekend they were here. We took everyone to Apple Hill where we drank hot cider, watched the ducks, ate apple pie, and managed to get a family picture.








Our Christmas was very low-key... Just the four of us at home pretty much being lazy all day. Maddie's new thing is to push her walker right into the tree. I've caught her twice about to chew on the Christmas lights. The first thing Allie opened was a book from my parents. She was so distracted that she didn't want to open any other presents. At least we know we can set the bar low next year...

Christmas Morning 2014




All in all, we had a very relaxing Christmas and plan to do the same for New Year's. The thing is, Brian and I aren't really New Year's celebrators. Even before I met him, I was the loser going to bed at a decent hour because staying up til midnight makes me cranky. One year I joined my roommate and friends at Disneyland and left at 10 p.m. because I was tired. From then on, I decided staying home and getting a good night's sleep is the best way to celebrate.

So our poor children will never know what it's like to stay up and celebrate the New Year and watch the ball drop and any of the other things people do at midnight. They'll think it's just another day off, which is totally fine with me!

Oh and I'll be back later with my resolutions. Considering I met half the resolutions I set last year, I'm feeling pretty good about the new ones.

Popular Posts