Torture a.k.a. Exercise

Running.

I despise it.

No, really. I do.

You know how people sometimes say "I really don't like running" or "I haven't run in a long time so I'm going to be super slow" and then they take off on a effortless jog for 10 miles?

Yeah, I'm not one of those people.

I really do physically hate running with my whole body.

But I HAVE to do it. We have a treadmill sitting in our living room that mocks me everyday if I don't. It stares at me and says "HOW'RE THOSE JIGGLY THIGHS WORKING OUT FOR YOU? HMM??? HMMMM????"

Not to mention the pants that are gathering dust in my closet saying "Weeeaarr meee... pleeeeaase... Oh wait. You can't fit me over your jumbo butt."

But really the biggest reason I want to get in shape is because I know it's just not healthy to be lazy and sedentary. I want to be able to keep up with my toddler and baby. I want to show them how to make healthy choices right before we stuff our faces with cookie dough. I mean, let's not get too crazy here. We can't just cut cookie dough out of our lives.

The point is, I want to be strong and healthy and running is the only way to do that right now. I supplement with some at-home exercises but I try really hard to at least do 1 mile everyday (except on Sunday's "because it's God's day! A day of rest!" Name that quote!)

Anyway, I know I set a goal to run 5 miles under an hour and I'm going to work really hard to do this. Okay, I'm going to work to do this. If I succeed, there's a new swimsuit in it for me. If I don't, well I'll be the person in sweats sitting on the beach giving all those fit women the stink eye.

Just kidding.

I won't be on a beach.

Popular Posts