Lest Thou Perish

So there's a story. Once upon a time, my husband launched a clothing brand. It was geared towards people in the action sports industry and has actually been popular among kids like 8-12 years old. Not that it's bad, that's just the direction it took. I helped him with all of the background stuff like getting a permit and a fictitious business name, but other than that, I didn't feel like a part of the company. It was definitely his thing.

Fast forward to January of this year. Back when he started Moby Sick, he had this idea for a clothing brand called Lest Thou Perish, based on Luke 13:5. You can read more about the bio on the website, but the point is that this idea stuck around for 5 years. The more we talked about it, the more we felt like we were onto something. So he designed, we researched, I filed more stuff. And here we are almost a year later and it's finally done.

Part of why it took so long was that we felt like Moby Sick was missing something in its purpose. Sure we wanted to design and sell clothes but it felt like we needed to be doing more. With LTP, we decided to support Children's Hunger Fund. It felt like a good choice to support a company that not only provides children with physical needs but also their spiritual needs. It was well worth the time and effort to be able to support something with so worthy a cause.

Buuut that's not it. I've actually designed a few things myself. Granted, none are up on the site (yet!), but we have some stuff in the works for the next few months. And I promise as soon as I have a shirt in my hands, you guys will know about it. Probably because I'll be like way too giddy to keep it to myself anyway.

So all that to say... I don't often use this blog as a way to promote anything or anyone, but he's my husband so obviously I'll make the exception.

Go look. And when we have more women's clothes in the shop, I'll be back with another post and probably some pics on Instagram. And if you don't like anything, keep it to yourself. Juuust kidding, BUT I would totally like input on all of this if you guys feel so inclined.

So I'll just sit here wringing my hands in nervousness. I mean it's no big deal, just months of our lives and chunks of savings and hours of prayers and stress and designs and planning and oh my gosh, I think I need to go lie down and breathe into a paper bag.

Popular Posts