Change is in the wind.

Oh, 2016. How much change you've already brought into our lives and we're barely 2 weeks in. Let's tackle this one thing at a time... shall we?

I accidentally started a business. While my mom was here taking care of the girls after my procedure, I had a lot of free time. She was cooking, cleaning, bathing and caring for the girls... so I was basically sitting around twiddling my thumbs. I crocheted a bunch of stuff, including some newborn bonnets. I posted a few on Instagram and suddenly I had orders for a dozen more. Maybe this can be a thing? I have no idea. Maybe it'll explode into a business and I'll crochet myself into early onset arthritis. But for now, I'm doing something I enjoy and someone is paying me for my work which incidentally, works out pretty nicely for me.

Brian quit his job. He had his last day of work last Friday and he's been home all week working on finishing the house remodel. We're trying to get that quickly finished because at the end of February...

We're moving to San Diego. There's a job opportunity for Brian and we're finally going to do what we've been talking about doing for 6 years. Last year around this time, I vaguely posted about some changes that might be happening and we have earnestly prayed and moved forward with these changes for the last twelve months.

How do I feel about it? Happy. Sort of. Mostly. Also, sad. Excited. Scared. We're leaving friends here that have become very dear to my heart. We're moving to a whole new place and while I do have some family in San Diego, we'll still start fresh with a new church and new friends. We'll be closer to my parents and sisters. Still 2 hours drive time but that's better than 8. We'll be moving into an apartment while we look for a house. We'll most likely be remodeling a house again. We have to fit our entire lives into a 26' moving truck. We have to drive that truck and 2 vehicles 500 miles. Packing. Unpacking. Cleaning. Organizing. Sorting.

Countless hours of prayer and discussions have gone into this decision. It has not been made lightly. We have no way of knowing what would be the best thing for us to do, so we have to make decisions with the knowledge we do have and the wisdom that God has given us. Could this be totally bad? Sure. It's possible. Could it be totally great and the best thing we've ever done? That's possible too. Ultimately we feel that our goal in this world is to glorify God which is something we could do in Sacramento, San Diego, or wherever we are.

When I moved to Sacramento 6 years ago, I had no idea what the Lord was going to do in my life. I had a heavy heart leaving my family and friends that I love so dearly, but I knew that coming here was the right choice. On February 1, 2010, I packed all of my belongings into my Tacoma and made the drive up here. Here we are almost exactly 6 years later. Our belongings will most definitely not fit into the Tacoma, in fact, the Tacoma is being sold and replaced with a more family friendly vehicle. I have gone through so much happiness and heartbreak in those 6 years. I don't think I ever would've guessed this is where I'd be. In fact, I know for a fact this is not the plan I had for my life.

But here we are. So much changing. Hopefully this will be a good change. San Diego is the vacation destination of choice for pretty much everyone we know here, so it's not like this will be the last time we'll ever see them. I hope and pray that we will find like-minded parents/friends wherever we end up. I'm very happy that the girls will be able to spend more time with their cousins. In fact, whenever I think about being nearer to my family, I get really excited. Whenever I think about living in Southern California again, I get really excited. Whenever I think about leaving our friends here, I get really sad. So obviously, to say this has been an emotional few weeks is a huge understatement.

So if you need me I'll be excitedly crying over a box of dishes.

Popular Posts